Thursday, July 17, 2008

ANGEL OF THE LORD BLOG NOVEL (PART 10)














ANGEL OF THE LORD BLOG NOVEL (PART 10)

PREVIOUSLY:

PLEASE CLICK THIS FOR PART 9


The door unlatched when Jason swiped his card on the scanner. The room was cavernous and looked awry and worn like a giant depot. It was freezing inside making the satin smoothness of his proud cover seem inadequate. Half opened giant boxes were strewn everywhere. Tons of paper forms in various shapes peered out from them. Black plastic ware belonging to futuristic designed accessories and mini gizmos lay discarded on the corridors.

The virtual tomb with cathedral ceiling and no windows basked in bright light. It actually looked like a bomb shelter designed to withstand a megaton explosion. Everybody was intrigued by the plummeting sensation in the elevator when you pressed the button for the highly restricted tenth floor. There was a time a colleague asked Jason if they were indeed descending to an underground facility as the box lurched with a super efficient whizz on their ride together. Jason joked, “That’s dangerous to know because I have to kill you after I tell you.”

The noses of the operators were buried behind traditional box type monitors. Margaret waved from the far row near the wall as Jason plumped down on the high backed captain’s chair. At least they had those. He didn’t wave back. The guilt lingered in his psyche and wouldn’t wash away. He couldn’t bring himself to eye her casually like usual after he made love to her Mom two evenings ago. It was a temptation that gnawed at him piecemeal until he finally succumbed when they found themselves alone in a secluded room with lots of time in their hands.

The second hand look of the computers was deceptive. The screen loaded instantaneously when you clicked it to life. Images diffused and coagulated completely in what seemed to be milliseconds. The default prompts and the redirect buzzing seemed to overrun the user. The stampede of username and password windows demanding level codes on the fly could unnerve the best hacker. Jason didn’t even look at the screen as he continued to be ushered to access routes snaking around firewalls and in between stringent security nets.

Jason always felt the big eye in the sky bear down on him when he got to the encrypt message decoder.

“I saw your little escapade on the satellite feed, rookie. Looks like you won’t be in that assignment for very long.”

“I need your help Richard”. I got Bader Sayuff for you. I won’t even file a report. Tell them you spied him in your big peephole in the sky. Help yourself to the promotion Richard. “

“Tsk, tsk, let me guess, you want me to spring that young man from that quagmire. Heh heh, not so fast, rookie, I am not the magician. I have no such powers”.

“I got Bader. He’s in Boracay. I will give you the bearings exactly if you get him out tonight”.

“Boracay, har har har. I went through that island with a fine tooth comb. I used Vesuvius and he can get a fix on the deepest asshole anywhere and didn’t turn up anything, rookie. Offer me a better deal and I’ll see what I can do. What’s the landline number of the embassy there again?”

“Quit fooling Richard. I’m serious. Don’t take too long cause Bader might spring. I give you 24 hours to get him out or else I’m going back there and light up the place with your entire stash of smart fireworks.”

“Do that and I will get your dumb ass myself. Okay, hold your horses. I’ll see what I can do.”

“Bader poses as a transvestite in Boracay. I will finger him as soon as you get it done.”

“Takes one to know one, rookie.”

The video game blinked back to the action setting and carloads of gunmen came sprinting out.

Please click here for Angel Part 11



Hot Products at Buy.com!













No comments: